Submitted by rebecca.mercado on Thu, 03/04/2010 - 20:53
As a regular consumer, you may have been used to purchasing calling cards via retail stores or gas stations. But did you know that there are many other places where you can purchase call cards aside from over-the-counter? One great alternative is purchasing them online. Here are 5 great reasons why it is better to purchase call cards or reload your prepaid call credits online as compared to buying them over the counter.
- Comfort – Purchasing calling cards from the comfort of your own home, or wherever you are as long as you have access to a computer with equipped with an internet connection. You could purchase call cards or reload your call credits before traveling and eliminate the hassles of cramming to buy one as the trip progresses.
- Compare Cheaper Rates – You have the freedom to compare different prepaid calling services to determine the best one that’s suits your needs, usage, and conforms to your budget.
- Transparency – Now you don’t have to worry about what you’re being billed fairly or where you called, for you can get to view your payment transaction history and call details online anytime you want, and ultimately help you avoid the dreaded hidden charges that other cheaper call cards have.
- No Contracts – An online “Pay as you go” prepaid call service also lets you avoid getting tied down with contracts, but instead lets you recharge only when you want to, or provide you with optional benefits such “auto top-up feature” that will come handy for the person on the go.
- Works with Any Phone – You could use such prepaid call service on your landline or mobile phone, without having to change carriers. All you need is the access number, and you’re all set to make your calls, domestic or international!
However, it is always a good idea to look at the website certificate which certifies the website as safe for online shopping, prior to purchasing call cards to avoid getting ripped off.